Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Annie goes to work

Annie has been begging me (every time I leave) to go to work with me, since Nellie had to come to campus a few weeks ago after I picked her up from camp. So today was the day; I had a quiet day until my meetings started so Steph dropped her off after VBS (which the director is graciously letting her go to even though she just turned three.)  She was just going to come for lunch, but I decided she'd probably be fine to go to my meetings since - unlike others in the family - I knew if I told her she needed to be quiet, she'd be quiet.

Well Annie was very serious about the whole thing. She carried her Leapfrog laptop, Merida doll, Rainbow Dash pony, and blankie into the building saying, "I am so late. I have so much work to do today." We shared a chicken pesto sandwich, apple, lemonade, and a cookie, worked on our computers for awhile, then headed into three hours of meetings. Annie played with her dolls and read books for about 45 minutes, then climbed into my lap with her blanket and slept for the next two hours. On our way out, she sighed, "I worked a long time. I am so tired."

I could get used to working like this. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment