Thursday, July 12, 2012

Oodles of Noodles

Tonight, while I was putting DJ to bed (Kevin's at a camp overnight), the girls got out a bag of tiny star pasta that I use in soups and threw them around the living room. Yes. All over the furniture, covering the floor. I still have no idea while they did it. I asked several times, but got no answer. In their defense, I think my moaning, "why would you do this?" dejectedly and crazy eyes probably scared them a little. Luckily, vacuuming was actually on my post-bedtime to-do list.

While I vacuumed, I started thinking. I had a long time to think, because our poor vacuum wasn't really up to the task of sucking up thousands of stars. The thing is, I'm sure the girls (Nellie) had some perfectly rational reason why noodles should fill the room. A surprise party. Blasting through outer space with stars flying by at lightning speed. And really, it must have been really fun. To be honest, a teeny tiny part of me kind of wanted to reach my hand in the bag and toss some little noodles.

I mean, right?

3 comments:

  1. carpe diem! toss the noodles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a similar incident last week, with a full can of oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, do you think our kids were dreaming up messes together over Skype when we weren't looking?

      Delete