Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Nellie, 5 and 10 months

(We've started the birthday countdown already!)

Nellie lost her second tooth yesterday - finally! If I had a dollar for every time I told her, "the only thing that's going to make that tooth feel better is to pull it out," I'd be a millionaire. Well, I'd have $100, at least. After losing her last tooth, Nellie discovered that her tooth fairy is named Toothie Ruth. She leaves letters with her dollar (in quarters, for gumballs). Nellie wrote her this letter last night:

Hi Toothie Ruth, it is fun to lose teeth. I love it. This time I lost it like this...it was at rest time it was held on with 1 string. I was trying to feel the hole and it fell out.

Toothie Ruth wrote back,

My dear Nellie,
Congratulations on losing your second tooth! Remember to be brave every day. 
Love, 
Toothie Ruth
***
Nellie's first field day was today! She was ready, in salmon-colored capris and a red skirt (both from Grandma Linda...not sure she intended for them to be worn together, ever) with her Prince Fielder shirt. Very apropos. She did say, however, "my tennis shoes are my enemies! I always have to wrestle with them to get them on."

No comments:

Post a Comment